Thursday, March 22, 2012

Up at 5AM for Pain Meds

Yep, here I am again, up at 5 am, and eating Fritos in advance of my pain meds. This pain has whipped my butt for two days now.

I had no idea that the pain would be so bad after the stitches. I bled a lot the first night, and several of those little bandages were either washed away, or ripped off my body. It's better tonight, but still terribly raw around the stitch sites. My memory of my colon surgery some 10 years ago is that it wasn't as bad then -- I had fewer stitches over a smaller area. And so I wasn't prepared.

So, thank goodness that Stephanie had given me a prescription for more Vicodin. I am still plowing through that. The plan is to take it fully for one more day. Then we'll see how I am, and try to cut back on Friday to one pill every three hours, then less and less.

We'll see how it goes.

My dream of being off the stuff and driving to fanciful lunches is still a dream. But, damn, these Fritos really taste good in the meantime.

No comments: