Saturday, March 24, 2012

Finally, a Corner to Turn

I felt like yesterday I turned a corner. I didn't feel as much of the pain, and my range of motion was better.

It took three days of bleeding from the stitches first, then the healing from that. I'm sleeping longer now. In fact, I missed my medication at 11pm, waking at 11:30pm, and took half the dose of Vicodin. I completely slept through the next dosage time of 5am, so at 8:30am, I gave myself another one pill.

I have to say, though, that I'm still feeling the pain, especially with this half-dosage amount of Vicodin. But I feel very encouraged by the signs.

Thanks to Jamie yesterday who ran some errands for me, including a pick-up at the pharmacy. There was no prescription, so it was a last-ditch effort to get the clinic to approve another prescription of some of my regular blood pressure meds, with a push from the pharmacy. As it turned out, the pharmacy (CVS in San Leandro) already had a prescription from November. Four months ago. That hadn't been filled. So he waited for that and brought it home. Again, that's a battle that I couldn't fight under current conditions.

I would like to extend some get-well-soon and heartfelt empathy wishes to two women from temple who have also wound up in the hospital over the past week: Frances Rotolo for a knee replacement, and Toby Berger, regarding breaking her arm in three places. I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

No comments: