Sunday, March 25, 2012

Feeling Much Better

I'm feeling much better, and the picture of the stitches tells you why. They almost look normal. (Pic was taken exactly two weeks and one day after the surgery.)

Sleeping longer now with less pain medication. Obviously I'm still stuck at home. But I'm feeling more normal now, so much so that I was bored yesterday and started looking for something to do. I watched some TV. I then watched the Seattle Mariners - Yomiuri Giants game in Japan at 9pm. Even though it wasn't telecast.

It'll be exciting to put on pants again and venture out. (Obviously I won't be driving, at least for the next few days, until I fully get off the Vicodin.) I am pretty sure pants won't fit because of the swelling, and that they will irritate because of the stitches. That's what I mean by "exciting." Still, it will be a major milestone in my recovery.

I don't think I mentioned that when I went to sleep under anesthesia two weeks ago Friday I thought there was a chance I wouldn't wake up. When I did wake up several hours later, I was very thankful.

No comments: