Thursday, March 8, 2012

Getting Prepped Up

I just took my laxative. You know, this stuff is getting better. Oh, sure, it's no Grand Marnier, but this one was only 10 ounces and fizzy. I am to drink at least one glass of water after it, so that's what I'm doing right now. The surgery is tomorrow.

And, speaking of cleansing, I've been cleaning the outside of my abdomen with Hiblens daily. I had never heard of that before, where the patient is expected to get the area clean before the surgeons get their crack.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has left a message for me on CaringBridge, wishing me well, sharing a private joke, giving me something in the future (like a trip to Disney World) to which to look forward. Thank you all very much. The outpouring is immensely helpful, and a little surprising. I mean, you don't know you have so many friends until you have to add them to a list for something.

I've been getting notes all week. Email. Facebook notes. Someone even sent me a note on the Words with Friends game we were sharing. I had three phone calls today. One from a dear friend, and two more from an ex girlfriend who wanted to leave a message in my mailbox that morning. While my mailbox should not be treated like the Western Wall, a depository for prayers, I will appreciate any and all that I get.

Back to drinking my water. I wish you all a good night.

2 comments:

Lindsy Van Gelder said...

A sparkling clean stomach! Who knew. Best of luck tomorrow, Linda (and Happy Purim).

Mark said...

We're all with you Linda!!!!