Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

My goal today is to spend time with friends, family, and my extended family. Since our hosts today decided to invite a bunch of students from a local college who have nowhere to go for the holiday, I will also meet new friends.

My secondary goal for today is to watch what I eat and drink, to be sensible about it. Since I'm the designated driver, I don't think the drinking part will be a problem (as long as I stay off the soft drinks). And I really don't think the eating part will be a problem either. I don't care much for turkey, although I'll have a little -- it's the sides that I crave. Mashed potatoes. Homemade cranberry sauce. Pumpkin pie.

I still think it'll be all right. Hopefully all those kids being there will limit what we have to eat so that portion control won't be an issue!

No comments: