Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Chocolate Dose

In our continuing discussion of the good things about chocolate and how much to eat, here's another comment from Dawn:

ok, so it looks like 6/7 grams of chocolate daily is the dosage. That's 1/4 oz of chocolate! REALLY REALLY SMALL! But maybe that is good.

Did you read this article?
http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20030827/dark-chocolate-is-healthy-chocolate

The article says that a 100-gram bar of dark chocolate has 531 calories. So if I did my math right, 6.7 grams is about 35 calories. It seems like a very small number of calories for such good results. I'm thinking that getting a bar of and taking a medicinal dose each night would be a good idea. You list so many advantages!

1 comment:

Dawn Kepler said...

I went to Trader Joes and found a Swiss chocolate that is 72% dark chocolate and a low calorie count - compared to other bars. So I figured they had added a lower amount of sugar. It is made by Villars. The squares are relatively large and easy to cut in half or so. I figure that 2/3 of a square is the medicinal dose. It's the tastiest "pill" I ever took!