Saturday, November 22, 2008

Five Ways to Keep Alzheimer's Away

I work the little word puzzle every day in the Chronicle. You know the puzzle I'm talking about -- it has five letters or so, and you rearrange it to form a common word. At least I try to work it. I usually give up when I can't get most of the words. But, still, when working the puzzle, I can't help but think that perhaps I'm doing something to help my mind stave off Alzheimer's, a disease that affected my mother late in life.

There's a terrific article from CNN on five steps we can take to keep Alzheimer's at bay. (Thanks to my friend George for forwarding this article.) These are steps anyone can do. The steps include taking supplements, or eating curry, while other steps include doing puzzles, just like the ones I tackle every day.

No comments: