Thursday, December 4, 2008

Calcium the Easy Way

I was visiting a friend of mine in L.A. two weeks ago, and I saw her peel the foil off a little square piece of candy. Only it wasn't candy. "It's calcium," she said, as she popped it in her mouth. "I take 3 a day."

They're calcium soft chews. I was having a tough time swallowing those big, chalky vitamins of Citracal, so I thought I'd try these.

They come in a multitude of flavors. My favorite is chocolate.

Each chew gives you 500 mg of calcium carbonate plus Vitamins D and K. They advise a dose of 3 soft chews a day, which would total 1,500 mg. Most people only need 1,000 mg a day, but I figure, as a woman who's entering an older age, I need more. They advise that you space the chews out over the day.

Here's a link to Viactiv's website. I noticed that Rite Aid also had almost the same version in drugstores, possibly at a cheaper price.

No comments: