Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mass Hysteria

Dr. Poddatoori called me this morning. It's Sunday morning, for heaven's sake! I have the most fabulous gynecologist.

She had been out of town with a family emergency, and hadn't kept up with what was going on with me. Dr. Stern's office had just sent her the MRI results. And she basically interpreted that for me, saying that the cancer had gone into the muscle mass. And that surgery will probably be removing muscle as well as the uterus and perhaps lymph nodes.

The PET CT will tell us, she said, whether the lymph nodes are enlarged or not, and whether it's spread. But, as I reported to Dr. P, the insurance has yet to approve the PET scan. And it's been two weeks already, when usually it takes a week.

I will be seeing Dr. Stern, the oncologist, this Thursday. I promised to call Dr. P that afternoon to tell her what was discussed. I don't believe we'll have the results of the PET CT, however, so I kind of wonder whether this is one meeting short of a full decision.

We wait on, but it sure doesn't look good.

No comments: