Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Weighty Matter

This is sort of an addendum to the last post, but not really. Sorta, kinda.

I've been eating a lot. I've gained 20 pounds, exactly, since last August. And I know exactly why, or at least I do now. I didn't over the last several months.

Worry, stress, all over this medical thing. Do I have cancer, or don't I. What has to be done. Sometimes the tests are more onerous than the surgery. Being poked and prodded, suffering invasions and pain. It took a while for me to report, and now, some three months later, I'm still waiting for the solution.

So I'm eating my way through California. Actually, it's mostly sugar I'm eating. My nemesis, my addiction. This cancer thing isn't exactly eating me alive; rather, it's the other way around.

Still, I have to think of the colonoscopy I just had today (one less thing to worry about, DONE!) to get on the proper weight training track. I just cleansed my system. I hope to take advantage of that.

And if we ever get around to having that uterine- and ovaries-removing procedure, WHAM! I'll instantly lose, what, 10 pounds? At that point, I'm almost even for the year!

No comments: