Sunday, July 8, 2012

My iPhone Has Fallen & It Can't Get Up

My iPhone hasn’t worked for the better part of two weeks now. That single event has changed my life.
It’s quiet now. It’s peaceful. I don’t automatically reach for the phone, looking to check to see if I got an email or a text message. Looking at Twitter to see what’s trending now. The iPhone is the epitome of instant gratification for a neurotic. And the lack of it is very freeing. I have to sit still, maybe read that book I’ve been saving. Actually sit down and talk to people.
Yeah. I hate it.
Seriously, though, what really bothers me is that the doctors' offices can't get hold of me, if need be. My instructions at the CT scan on Friday was, don't take metformin (diabetes medication) until 48 hours from now; then they gave me a piece of paper saying, don't take metformin 'til you contact your doctor. They told me they faxed this to the doctor's office. So it could very well be that Dr. Miller is trying to call me. (What I'm going to do is start taking the metformin on Monday. That is well past the 48 hours, and I'm not feeling any ill effects from the scan.)
I will keep trying to get my iPhone fixed. It's my third visit to the Apple Genius Bar tomorrow. However, I think that title is a misnomer...

No comments: