Friday, July 6, 2012

Afterthoughts Re: CT Scan

My arms hurt today. I had to hold them over my head while I went in and out of the tube for the scan. Muscles I don't usually use, I guess.
And I didn't feel altogether great after the whole process. I mean, I drank a quart of chalky liquid, and then was injected with something that overheated in my body. They warned me I might experience some diarrhea. I didn't exactly have that, but my body felt uneasy as if it was swamped in something unpleasant, something it didn't understand.
Today, as you can imagine, I have a big bruise where he stuck me for the injection. That's the orifice where the blood freely flowed afterwards. It's not surprising that it's painful today, with a lump of purple flesh surrounding the pricked hole.
Someone asked me the other day how I was doing, how I was feeling, with a concerned look on their face. Frankly, I had, in that moment -- actually, most of the time now -- had forgotten about the cancer and the resultant surgery. I hope to continue on that fact, hoping the whole early 2012 scene becomes a distant vista in my mind's rear-view mirror.

No comments: