Saturday, November 5, 2011

Not a Good Sign(s)

Two symptoms. I have two symptoms. I thought I only had one.

A 63-year-old woman should not be menstruating. But I am. Well, they don't call it that. They call it "abnormal bleeding." Hell, any bleeding would be abnormal.

That's one strike. My doctor finally talked me into seeing a gynecologist. And that's after an ultrasound. (I've had two.) The latest ultrasound, I found out yesterday, showed a thickening of the uterine wall. That's the second symptom.

I didn't think much of Dr. Miller's comment -- and the fact that she interceded for me and got a closer appointment. But a few hours later, I found myself wondering. Worrying. Cancer may be back. It would probably be endometrial cancer in this case. I'll have to research it.

My GYN appointment is Thanksgiving week. I'm sure they'll do an endometrial biopsy. We'll see what happens.

No comments: