Thursday, February 18, 2010

Visiting the Contagious

My brother is still contagious, still sitting in Sharp Hospital in the MICU ward. James, the physician's assistant, was very helpful in letting me know how contagious this MRSA is. He made me suit up -- wear a gown and gloves -- before I went into the room to see my brother.

But see him this morning I did. I even touched him, although he didn't really acknowledge the touch of cold latex. He was awake this time, though, and talkative. The MRSA bacteria is still working on his brain, though, confusing him, so what he said didn't make a whole lot of sense. He did say, "What's new?" which was quite amusing.

He's still under treatment for a virulent strain of MRSA, which had been allowed to go unchecked for a year. But he's alive. And improving.

1 comment:

M.Shawn Whiteman said...

Good afternoon Linda!
I wrote you are a good Sis!, and I am proud of you for being able to show your love for your big BRO! Sounds very good, Linda.
You take care of you
too!