Thursday, June 28, 2012

Waiting for Godot

It's been three-and-a-half months since my surgery to eradicate cancer in the uterus. The plan was to have a few more tests in June, and see where I am.
I was told to go in early June to get my blood test, the same test that showed a negative result back in February. That was on June 1st, because, when it comes to this stuff, I don't fool around.
However, three weeks later, I'm still waiting to hear whether I have the go-ahead to do the CT scan. I called Dr. Stern's office today, and Shirley told me she had faxed over the insurance information to the scan place a floor below her. I called and they said they never got it, but gave me assurances that they would call me after they talked with Shirley.
That was 15 minutes ago, and I'm still waiting.
I have other appointments to make, phone calls to make, but those will have to wait because this appointment is and will be more important than having my home thermostat fixed, or figuring out when my next movie date will be.
In the meantime, my post-surgical status is excellent. There is only a little pain, and that happens only when I press on my stomach. Perhaps the only good thing that has come of that pain is that I stopped wearing a fanny pack. A stylish upgrade.
In the meantime, my phone goes with me everywhere. I have to get these tests in before I see Dr. Stern in early July, so that he can review them and tell me the results. If the tests come back negative from the blood test and the CT scan, I can breathe a sigh of relief with the knowledge that I am cancer-free.

No comments: