Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Take Classes

I went to my first Diabetic Group meeting today. Actually, it's not my first, but I barely remember the other group meeting I attended; it was about 3 years ago or so.

I don't understand enough about diabetes, and I feel stupid even admitting that. So I admitted it today among the other 5 members and 3 staff. Fortunately, they're starting a Diabetics 101 at my clinic, and will notify me when it starts in a month or two.

My biggest problem with handling my diabetes is nutrition. I don't really understand what is a good meal, how to make a nutritious meal (that I will eat). What could be tasty but nutritious. And they apparently have one of THOSE classes going right now, once a month, so I'll attend that, too.

I made a goal of eating in a healthy way a few months ago, but I'm having problems following through. Hopefully, these classes, this information, will help.

No comments: